Guidelines for Fundraising Requests
Members of the Fort Saskatchewan Pottery Guild have occasionally approached the guild with a request to hold a pottery class as a fundraising event for a charitable organization they are involved with. In such situations, the “class” is usually sold at a silent auction to raise funds for the charity.
The guild wishes to support its members and their charitable efforts, using the following guidelines.
- Each request for a fundraising event should be submitted in a timely manner in writing to the executive.
- Each request will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The group will pay a “use of facilities fee” of $50.
- Instructors will waive their instructional honorarium.
- The class will be entered on the calendar. It cannot take place on a day or evening when there is a scheduled class. As well, it should not be scheduled in close proximity to guild sale dates.
- The member will provide his/her own clay or use recycled clay.
- Maximum size of the class would be 15 people.
- The member and/or the instructors/assistants will be responsible for finishing the projects.
- In general projects will be hand built. However, depending on the circumstances, the executive may approve and wheel throwing class.