Saturday Gallery Openings and Other Events at the Dow Center
– Open both back and front doors, turn on the neon OPEN sign at the front door, and place a sandwich board or sign by the back hallway door.
– Decant water from settling pails from all three sinks and all pails in the clay room.
– Sign in students, collect the $10.00 fee, write a receipt, place money in envelope and then into locked box. Answer questions and provide any guidance required by students.
– No students are allowed to work in the studio unless a member is present. If you should have to leave your shift early, you must make sure there is another member present and that they are willing to assist the students and man the guild in your absence.
– Facilitate any pottery sales. This includes the proper handling of cash, writing a receipt in the gallery receipt book, logging the sale in the gallery binder and packaging the pottery for the customer.
– Answer the phone and take messages if necessary.
These responsibilities must come first. Any potting may be done once these duties have been completed. You are receiving volunteer hours.
Clean up your potting area and make sure the sinks are clean before you leave.
BEFORE LEAVING: If you are the last person present, make sure the Guild Locker is locked. Lights and sign are turned off. Wheels are turned off and both doors are locked before you leave.
Come in and shop for pottery Sat's 12 - 4pm (except long wknds) *cash and chq only Buywptemplates